Friday, September 23, 2011

I'm Working

At some point during the last couple of years, we received a laptop from someone. It was a laptop for Owen with the letters ABC and numbers 123. The keys are also colored and different shapes for learning purposes. Click the spacebar and it plays classical music. It really is a very cool toy for Owen and he loves it. The only problem is that it's extremely loud. Like jet engine loud. Sure, it has a quieter setting, but what's the fun in that?

Owen recently found it after we'd hidden it in the wife's office to take a break from the thing. Since he got his hands on it, he's been hauling it all over the house. He'll set it up and start some music playing. If you ask him to turn it down, or put it down since it's lunch time, nap time, or whatever, he gets mad. "I'm WOOOORRRRRKKKKING!" Uh oh, looks like the excuse we use when we want to check emails, Facebook, or, in Julie's case, actually working is being turned against us.

He'll also tell us he's checking email. Now, I'm not sure who's sending him email, but I really hope the spammers haven't found him. I would hate for his extensive piggy bank holdings to go to helping Nigerian royalty. If he gets an email that promises to help him pee straight and hit the potty, I'll click any link in it.

And God help the wife and I if he starts a Facebook page. The last thing I need is a bunch of Farmville invitations and postings of lyrics from his favorite kiddie tunes that reflect the emotional development stage he is currently experiencing. 'The wheels on the bus go round and round. Like the forced daily routine my tyrannical parents impose upon me.'

CK

No comments:

Post a Comment