Thursday, June 30, 2011

There's a burr in my britches

At least that's what Lily has been trying to tell us all day, she must be going through some sort of teething/growth spurt. Her vocabulary has definitely expanded and she's probably been talking more the last two days than the first three months combined. I call it "Gettin' lippy."

Had my first playdate with some of the local neighborhood moms and it was a lot of fun. What's not to love? Free food, someone else's toys and house, and the kid chases other kids around while Daddy sits down. Sure, it is a little creepy being the only guy there, but the host has a husband who goes to work later than most and a teenage boy, so it wasn't ALL estrogen in the house. I'm sure we'll end up hosting one sooner or later and I'll be forced to clean our home. Boo.

Two conversations I've had over the last 24 hours worth conveying, and neither of them involved talking directly to the kids. Last night, right at lights out for Mommy and Daddy, I thought for a good 15 seconds, then asked the wife, "What day is it?"

The second was at lunch when I was joking with the baby about how Daddy would have a minor heart attack when Mommy eventually brings her home with earrings. Somehow we got to the wife stating she'd be perfectly fine with a nose piercing. Wait, whaaaaaattttttt? Owen chose this point to chime in that he wants earrings. Great. I'm struggling with the whole earring thing, and my wife is already picking nose jewelry. I'm pretty sure I saw her designing butterfly tattoos in her office this afternoon.

The wife is leaving tomorrow after work to take both kids to visit her parents out of town. And Sam Adams is on sale, gonna be a man-tastic weekend. Did I just use the term man-tastic? I should be thumped.

CK

2 comments:

  1. hey, nose piercings are for turning 30 :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'll be 60 by then and she'll know enough not to wear it around me and my weak heart ;) I'm just worried about age 5-18.

    CK

    ReplyDelete