Sunday, August 21, 2011

Is That a Wink?

I had one of those moments yesterday evening that just had me shaking my head. We had pasta for dinner, so we took Owen's shirt off and put on his pasta eatin' bib. After he finished his dinner, he pulled the bib off and announced it was potty time. Off came the shorts and underpants and on to the potty. We were still eating dinner, so I told him to let me know when he was done and went back to the dinner table.

Since he's a big boy, he came wandering out of the bathroom wearing naught but a smile. It didn't take him long to decide to play froggies. You squat down, put your arms between your legs, and hop while yelling "Ribbit!" Hi-lar-ious.

He wanted us to play froggie with him, but we were eating dinner, so he started hopping away from us, me watching him, the wife with her back to him. After a hop or two, he looked back to see if we were playing. This is where it went downhill, quickly.

He didn't stand up, turn around, and query, "Mother, Father, I respectfully request you participate in a frog impression game with me, post haste." Nope, he stuck his butt in the air, legs wide open, and looked back upside down through open legs. Yes, everything God had blessed him with upon his birth was quite obvious and never meant to be viewed at this angle. I lost it, just laughing uncontrollably. It must be why the Scots lift their kilts in Braveheart, no way the English can breathe from laughing, much less fight.

Luckily (or unluckily depending on your perspective), my wife wanted to see why I was suddenly laughing like a buffoon. She got the full experience too. Immediately, the wife rolled her eyes and shook her head, deciding that his shame/embarrassment emotion has not yet developed. Thank you Queen of the Understatement. We pretty much spent the rest of dinner arguing about whose son that was. Unfortunately, I might be the loser here and the loser when it comes to the panoramic overlook.

CK

No comments:

Post a Comment