Monday, July 11, 2011

Today is a great day

Full disclosure, poop jokes contained herein.

The sun is shining brighter. Birds are whistling at my window sill. Beer is colder and crisper (I'm not really drinking right now since it's 9 AM, but I'll bet it would be). I'm pretty sure I'm gonna see a rainbow when I look outside.

Owen pooped in the potty by himself. Just walked in there, plopped himself down on the toilet, and plopped himself down. He came in yelling all about his accomplishment. Since he often tells us proudly that he has accomplished blowing up his underpants, excuse us for being a little jaded and expecting to find it on the $4,000 Persian Rug.

But, it was in the potty. The victory was sweet, exactly what I think it would be like to win a Super Bowl, Wimbledon, the Indy 500, and Kentucky Derby in a single glorious moment. Add the unintentional comedy of his joy when telling his Mommy, "It splashed!" and it definitely seems like we're getting really close to having this figured out.

Of course, this could just be a flash in the...wait for it...bowl. Only time will tell if we have turned a corner, but a boy can dream.

CK

No comments:

Post a Comment